I have, by faith, become a follower of Jesus Christ. I am committed to growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, therefore, I am continually devoted to: Acts 2:42-47
THE WORD (Deeper Truth)
- Regular reading, studying, memorizing and meditating on the Word of God.
- Learning, living, and serving under the authority and sufficiency of the “whole counsel” of God.
- Active involvement in at least one smaller Word-based gathering at Emmanuel.
BIBLICAL COMMUNITY (Deeper Relationships)
- Nurturing agape love and spiritual unity at Emmanuel.
- Maintaining a teachable spirit and a servant’s heart.
- Cultivating a culture of grace.
- Refusing to engage in divisive conduct and speech including: gossip, slander, complaining and fault-finding—choosing, instead, to build others up.
- Dealing honourably and directly with interpersonal conflict and issues according to biblical peace-making principles.
- Regarding my body as the temple of the Holy Spirit and endeavouring to bring glory to God through my lifestyle and witness, because of all He has accomplished in my heart and life.
- Actively discipling my children (if any).
- Active involvement in the life of the Body of Christ at Emmanuel.
WORSHIP (Deeper Passion)
- Exalting Christ in Spirit and truth, personally and corporately.
- Regularly celebrating the Lord’s Table.
- Honouring Emmanuel’s commitment to creative, diverse, and blended worship expressions.
- Willing, generous, and joyous investment of my time and talents, as well as a biblical portion of my increase, to God’s glory.
PRAYER (Deeper Dependency)
- Nurturing spiritual intimacy through intentional prayer, personally and corporately.
- Upholding my church family and Emmanuel leadership, my community, nation, and world in prayer.
- Active involvement in prayer gatherings at Emmanuel.
OUTREACH (Deeper Impact)
- Serving at Emmanuel and beyond.
- Nurturing a Great Commission lifestyle, with a commitment to the bold and loving proclamation of the Gospel.
- Active involvement with “Paul, Barnabas, Timothy” relationships, as I engage in (5 Pillar) comprehensive disciple-making.
- Support of those who are disciple-making and church-planting locally, nationally and globally.