Seeking a Part-Time Worship Director (12 hrs/wk).
Emmanuel Evangelical Missionary Church (EEMC) is committed to Making Faith in Jesus Live in Elmira, ON and throughout the world. We seek to do this through five pillars of ministry: Word. Biblical Community. Worship. Prayer. Outreach. We are on a main street in Elmira with an elementary school on one side of the church and a high school on the other. We are prayerfully seeking someone to join us in fulfilling this mission by directing our worship so we can more fully glorify Jesus and find life in Him. Our worship is contemporary, blended with some traditional elements as we seek to serve and celebrate our intergenerational congregation.
Dependent on God, the Worship Director is to wholeheartedly glorify God by keeping our music centred on Jesus, directing our musicians, and helping lead us in worship, while maintaining a spirit of love and service toward EEMC staff, congregation, and those we serve from our community, in accordance with the church’s faith and practice and vision.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• With loyalty first to God and His Word, direct us in worship that glorifies the Father, in the Son, empowered by the Spirit, with humility and love for God and His people.
• Have the musical, interpersonal, and organizational skills to work effectively in this role.
• Be in agreement with EEMC’s statement of faith and mission.
• Competency: Be Spirit-gifted and led, demonstrating good musical skills and discernment. Have good communication skills, organizational and time management skills, good interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and computer skills.
• Consensus: Shares EEMC’s doctrinal views and convictions and vision of ministry.
• Chemistry: Work well in a team setting, collaborating well with others. Work well under
direct supervision and independently.
• Compassion: Value and care for people more than tasks, programs, and facilities.
• Creativity: Model a love for music and for Christ glorifying excellence.
• Constancy: Model reliability, follow-through, endurance, patience and perseverance. Manage stressful situations while maintaining good attitude and flexibility.
ESSENTIAL MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Service Planning
• Coordinate the Sunday service alongside key leaders.
• Communicate with musicians, pastor, service leader, special events during the week to prepare an updated current service script.
• Email and print copies for ushers and others involved.
• Create current iTunes playlists for the service.
• Create EZ-worship slides for the service and string them together with announcements.
• Schedule, organize, and empower musicians to enable them to thrive and grow.
• Manage and maintain CCLI license and requirements to remain in good standing.
• Maintain current music list and up-to-date praise music sheets.
• Recruit, organize, and provide for training of sound and media team volunteers.
• Work with head of audio to ensure equipment is maintained and up to date.
• Work with head of audio to ensure proper audio team recruitment and training.
• Serve on worship and music ministry team(s).
• As needed, form, train and celebrate a variety of musical groups to promote the godly
stewardship of the congregation’s musical talents (ie. Christmas and Easter choirs; youth band).
• Recommend and evaluate music in conjunction with the pastor and worship ministry team.
• Arrange for substitute musicians when necessary, filling in when necessary.
• Help plan and facilitate special times of worship and prayer throughout the year.
• Attend and oversee weekly practices as needed, ensuring that spiritual development remains an active part of the ministry.
4. Personal Professional Development
• Involvement in weekly staff meetings.
To apply for this position please send your resume to paul (at) ecelmira.com
We will prayerfully review every application but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Emmanuel Evangelical Missionary Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.