Seeking a Part-Time Office Administrator (16 hrs/wk).
Emmanuel Evangelical Missionary Church (EEMC) is committed to Making Faith in Jesus Live in Elmira, ON and throughout the world. We seek to do this through five pillars of ministry: Word. Biblical Community. Worship. Prayer. Outreach. We are on a main street in Elmira with an elementary school on one side of the church and a high school on the other. We are prayerfully seeking someone to join us in fulfilling our mission by administrating and supporting our ministries.
Dependent on God, the Office Administrator is to wholeheartedly glorify Christ by keeping our office running smoothly and supporting our ministries administratively, while maintaining a spirit of love and service toward EEMC staff, congregation, and those we serve from our community, in accordance with the church’s faith and practice and vision.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- With loyalty first to God and His Word, support the ministries and leadership of the church, striving to maintain fruitful relationships with other EEMC employees, members and leaders.
- Have the organizational, interpersonal, and computer skills to work effectively in this role.
- Be in agreement with EEMC’s statement of faith and mission.
- Competency: Be Spirit-gifted and led, demonstrating good administrative skills. Have good written and verbal communication skills, good organizational and time management skills, good interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and computer skills.
- Consensus: Shares EEMC’s doctrinal views and convictions and vision of ministry.
- Chemistry: Work well in a team setting, collaborating well with others. Work well under direct supervision and independently.
- Compassion: Value and care for people more than tasks, programs, and facilities.
- Creativity: An eye for design, modeling creative and conceptual thinking, writing, and wise problem-solving skills.
- Constancy: Model reliability, follow-through, endurance, patience and perseverance. Manage stressful situations while maintaining good attitude and flexibility.
ESSENTIAL MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES
Administration / Communication
- Manage email and phone messages, mail, daily follow-up
- Office management (ordering supplies, etc.)
- Oversee all attendance in the church and maintain accurate records
- Assist in church rentals and bookings
- Assist in creation of Annual report
- Maintain up to date website, social media, and overall church communication and promotion to keep members and community informed
- Oversee our Church Management Program (Elvanto)
- Use Canva for in house and external promotional purposes
- Serve as contact person for all hospitality in the church
- Communicates directly with “Red Carpet” Ministry (meals, coffee/tea, etc.)
- Coordinate the Welcome Center team to keep them updated on all church events and equip them, as well as keep print material up to date around the church
- Create schedules for Welcome Center, Greeters and helps with ushers
- Administrate congregational life and care: Meal Train, Prayer Chain, Baptism, Membership, Dedications, etc.
- Keep bulletin boards up to date and oversee what is posted on them
- Support planning and running of special events
Risk Management / Plan to Protect
- Takes the lead in organizing Plan to Protect training
- Accurately maintains training records and files
- Provides leadership to the Risk Management Committee
Personal Professional Development
- Ongoing training and equipping
- Involvement in weekly staff meetings
To apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com
We will prayerfully review every application but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Emmanuel Evangelical Missionary Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.